Sunday, May 9, 2010

My Better After!

I love this blog called Better After. They have some of the most amazing transformations of what most of us would just throw out as junk into beautiful home design. I have been inspired to try and see the potential in the ugly stuff as how it can be remade into something beautiful. This is actually my second project but I am pretty proud of it.


I bought this poor ugly broken table at a local thrift store for $2. The top was split and coming off of the base and the side rails were split and twisting. The hinges and pulls were just stained and varnished over when the table was made and they were so dark and streaky and ugly. But with a little sanding, tons of wood putty, several L-braces, and a lot coats of paint (the color is called Sage Blue and I LOVE it!) I was able to get the perfect end table for my family room that I am slowly working over to get rid of the reds that I hate! All in all the entire project cost me right around $9. That is definitely Greg's favorite part!! :)


5 comments:

{kim} said...

How can you hate reds?? Reds are beautiful. Anyways, the table does look great. I always love when people fix up old stuff like that. Can't wait to see Ethan's dresser!

lynnissa said...

Go Corie! That looks awesome.

Paige said...

Wow!! That looks fantastic Corie! Amazing!

Unknown said...

Wow, Corie! Good job.

Unknown said...

Aww, shucks! Thanks for the mention! That looks great, I love the contrasting hardware!
PS: I don't love red either!