Saturday, August 2, 2008

Here It Is!

I have grown up here on Route 66 and so I have always taken it for granted but there is one thing I have always wanted to do but I don't remember ever doing. Just off of I-40 there is a bump in the road called Jackrabbit, Arizona and it is famous for it's giant jackrabbit.
People have come from all over the world to have their picture taken with the rabbit. Now I have driven by Jackrabbit more times than I could guess and many times I have thought to myself, "self we really should go take pictures there sometime." But we are always busy and on our way somewhere whenever we have passed Jackrabbit. Well today the planets and stars aligned and we actually had a reason to go specifically to Jackrabbit!!! I made sure my camera was charged and the girls had their hair done and we were off. You see last week Greg got out of court only to find that he had a flat tire. He didn't have a lug wrench in the car but he was lucky enough to find a good Samaritan who was willing to help him out. Unfortunately the good Samaritan had set down a stack of files on Greg's car while they changed the tire and he drove off without them. So today he calls Greg and asks if there is any way we could meet him in Jackrabbit so that he could get his files. So anyway we got there and the kids thought the rabbit was amazing and they loved getting their pictures taken too! It was a very bright sunny day so they had a hard time looking at the camera but I think they are still adorable!

7 comments:

Corri Havlicek said...

Here it is indeed! I want to do that too, but like you said, never stop and take the time.

Stephanie said...

Oh my goodness! Austin would be so jealous! He loves jackrabbit. We have stopped many times, its on our way to grandma Lynne's house. Every time we get in the car to go to Joe City we are asked 2 questions: Is it Sunday? and Is it after 6 o'clock? Those both mean we can't stop. Looks like you guys had fun, its always fun to do things that we have so close and never do...next you'll have to stand on the corner with the "man"

The Giles Files said...

Too cool. If I am not mistaken, the "Here it is" sign design was copied for Disney's "Cars" movie - for Radiator Springs, (at least that's what I remember thinking when I watched the movie - could be wrong...) :)

Criddle said...

wow! thats a big bunny. never been there. looks like the kiddos were having lots of fun!

Ashby said...

I've never been there either. We did take a picture as we were passing at 80 mph once - LOL! Cute pictures of the kids!

Life as a Greenstreet said...

Corie, I clicked through a bunch of blogs and found you....hope you don't mind me peeking in. Your kiddies are so cute! And, I saw you've got a ticker to a half marathon! NICE...I should do that. Should, doesn't mean I'm going to. :)

The Brimhall's said...

I totally expected to see a picture of you on the rabbit. I am highly disappointed!