Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Funny Girl!!




So my Emma Jo is always coming up with these crazy thoughts that just crack me up so I thought I would share three from yesterday:



Emma (crying in the backseat): Ow my owie hurts so bad.
Mom: I'm sorry sweetie, when we get home I will get you a band-aid.
Emma: It looks really bad, I think it's swollen. I sure don't know what swollen means but I think it looks a lot bigger!

Later that drive we were on our way home from Holbrook and we stopped at Loves in Joe City to let Emma go potty. As we are walking in two elderly women are walking out the door and Emma stops and stares up at them exclaiming, "woah mom those are some REALLY REALLY OLD people!!" as I shushed her and tried to drag her into the store she shouts, "but mom this place is weird, they have so many OLD people!" I wanted to climb under a rock!

And then this one was good! In the back of the car, same trip, I hear Emma yell, "idiot!" this is not a word I like so I whip around and the following conversation ensues,
Mom: Emma we DO NOT say idiot! Don't call your sisters idiots!
Emma (wide eyed and honest): But mom, I was calling myself an idiot.
Mom: Emma that isn't good either, you are not an idiot, you are very smart!
Emma (thinks for a minute then with a huge smile): Yeah? Do you really think so mom?
Mom (hugs her and smiles): Yes Emma I KNOW you are really really smart!
Emma (shrugs): Huh, I thought I was an idiot.

I love that girl! She is so much like me she can be infuriating and frustrating but I wouldn't change her one bit! :)

5 comments:

The Giles Files said...

Oh man! That last was one was so sweet. And don't you just love being humiliated in public? Not to worry, soon enough we'll be one of those REALLY REALLY old people, and when that time comes it will be time to cash in and be an embarrassment to our kids. Hmmmm, maybe we won't have to wait that long. When are are no longer considered the cool moms, and can't kiss our kids in public...revenge baby. :)

Anonymous said...

OH so hilarious! I love it. Somebody told the story yesterday of her little girl seeing a man sporting tattoos all over his arms. Loud enough for the man to hear, she said, "Mom, why did that man write all over himself?" The man laughed.

Criddle said...

She says the funniest things! and I love her makeup job! kids are great

Jen said...

Emma is always coming up with something funny to say! I love that kid :)

Anonymous said...

I love it! Kids say the best things! That makes life fun!