Monday, September 29, 2008

I'm a mac!


So after years of wishing and wanting, coveting and hinting, my sweet husband bought me a Mac! I had to eat my words a bit but it was worth it.

You see when we were first married and living in Topeka we had a computer. It was Greg's that he had bought when he had started undergrad and it was a mac. It was way too old and it only had 8 mb of memory so we couldn't even buy software for it that would run so we needed a new computer. I stubbornly told Greg all about how Macs were a stupid plan and he needed to get a compaq laptop for us. Because he is the sweet man that he is and he always tries to find a way to get me anything I really want we bought a compaq laptop. It was terrible!! We then bought the HP desktop and then the Dell laptop. And then I realized just how much I liked Macs and how they did the things I wanted my computers to do and most importantly and terribly, that Greg was right and I was wrong.

Well this weekend we were down in Tucson to see the dentist and we went to the Apple store and Greg said let's just get it. Can I just say man I felt out of place in the mall there! I am a small town girl. I always have been, I like nice things as much as the next girl but I am so not a brand name high end retail kind of girl. I like restaurants that are chains so that I already know what to order. I like clothes that I don't worry about what the kids get on them. I am NOT a Louis Vuitton, Tiffany's (well maybe I COULD be a Tiffany's kind of girl), Prada kind of girl, I am kind of surprised they let me in that mall. LOL :)

Back the the Mac, I LOVE it. I will not ever go back to PC. I am still learning how it works but I love it's speed and how organized it is and just how flexible it is! So now I need my Mac friends out there to give me all of your hints, tricks, and advice so that I can get the most out of this new toy! :) And I think I should make Greg some Brownies! ;)

5 comments:

Criddle said...

I love it and so want one of those! Happy Happy Happy Birthday! :)

Life as a Greenstreet said...

That's so funny! We just bought a new laptop...and we bought an HP. All for price though. Had we had another$1000 we would have bought a Mac. Not this year though. Congrats on your new love.

The Moss Family said...

I'm so breaking a commandment and coveting you right now!!:)

{kim} said...

Have fun with your mac but don't call Steve if you need help...he HATES macs! I'm a small town girl, too. I could never pull off Prada.

Ashby said...

YAY for Macs! And I've been meaning to email you back about iChat. We need to figure out a day where the girls can talk. Brooklyn will be so thrilled!!! What a great birthday present!