Tuesday, September 2, 2008

YARD SALE!!!! (Part 2)

OUCH!!! So yay we had our yard sale and did we ever sell some junk! We sold 2 couches, 1 chair, 1 loveseat, and dining set, a queen sized bed, 2 cribs (ya gotta love the twinners), a tv, lamps, ugly brass candlesticks, a washer and dryer set, tons of little toys, a camera and a few more small things I can't remember. We took the few little things that didn't sell to Alice's Attic, a thrift store here in town whose proceeds go to support Alice's Place which is a center for women and children who are victims of domestic abuse. I figured I had already decided that I didn't need any of those things so why bring them back in my house right? We made some good money too! :D Ethan has had a couch in his bedroom since we moved in and he loved it! I think he felt really grown up having "furniture" in his room. We have an old desktop computer that we have been telling Ethan he could have when we get him a desk to put it on. Well we made a deal that if he would sell his couch we would buy a desk. He was more than willing to see it go after that deal! :D So now Ethan got his desk, the girls bought new Polly Pockets and mom is getting a digital SLR! Greg just doesn't have to worry about paying for any of it! LOL Now to the OUCH comment. 6:15 AM before the Yard Sale I bent down to help move the couch outside for the yard sale. Mind you this is the couch I have moved to vacuum under every two weeks for a year! But this time my back was not having it!!! Before I could even start to lift I heard a nasty *snap* and I couldn't stand up or go down to the floor. So we had to call my poor dad at 6:30 AM to come help Greg move all of our crap, I mean priceless items, out for the yard sale. But I am doing a little better now, I can at least walk around somewhat normally and I am getting a camera baby so that makes it all feel a lot better!

3 comments:

Life as a Greenstreet said...

Wow you had a lot of extra furniture! LOL Sorry about your back but I'm glad you made the $$ and didn't have to move the heavy stuff (think of it like you're a princess). So, I'm not so up on technology (that's Mike's department) what's a digital SLR?

Criddle said...

Yay! for a camera. Im sorry about your back. Get better!

Ashby said...

That's awesome!!! Now I'm motivated to get my yard sale under way. Congrats on the camera!!! What kind are you getting?!