Friday, September 5, 2008

Happy Birthday to Me! Happy Birthday to Me!



So no it's isn't my birthday yet (I turn 30 on the 30th isn't that cool?) but I did get my present yesterday. I have really been wanting to get into photography for like, well pretty much my whole life. My dad had this great minolta 35mm slr while I was growing up and I always loved his pictures. He and I many times sat out on the porch and took pictures of the amazing lightning we would get during the monsoons.

When I was pretty young my parents bought me my first 35mm camera and I was so excited I used up about 5 rolls of film the first day. My film was rationed a little more after my dad took my film to get developed and realized he had paid for 5 rolls of film, with doubles, of my dog Tyler. LOL

When I was a junior in High School I ran over to cheer tryouts from track practice and didn't warm up. I ended up displacing my hip during the tryout and was unable to finish. I didn't think it would be a big deal since I had been on the squad the last two years but apparently there was a rule that if you didn't complete the tryout for any reason you could not be considered for the squad. I was devastated until my amazing friend Michelle who was the Head Student Manager of the Varsity Football team and the Editor of the yearbook offered me a spot doing the photography with the schools fancy camera of all of the Varsity games that year!! I loved it, I was still right there on the sidelines but I could be warm in jeans and a coat! So the obsession continued!

My husband who is kind enough to support me in all of my crazy plans just furthered the sickness. He bought me my first Digital SLR Wednesday and I got it in the mail yesterday! I am sure he will read this and exclaim FIRST?!?!?! LOL He bought me a beautiful Canon EOS Rebel Xti and and 18-55mm lens. I can't wait to learn all about it and start getting some good shots. Maybe next monsoon storm that rolls through me and Ethan can sit outside and get some good lightning shots! :)



Isn't it beautiful? :D

7 comments:

Kristal said...

K, I don't even know if you remember me, but I remembered you and Sheri from Girls Camp, and I jsut hopped here from her blog,a nd had to comment. I LOVE LOVE LOVE my XTi, and I even downgraded to it! I had the 30D, and wanted a new lens, but to get the new lens had to downgrade, and I'm soo glad I did. I will honestly never buy another (or at least a different) camera, just new lenses. You'll be happy with it.

The Brimhall's said...

Hooray for the new camera. I am so excited for you. Hopefully I can get mine soon.

Anonymous said...

Congrats, Corie. Alan is in to photogrophy and just bought his first SLR as well- a Nikon D30 - and is loving it. Hooray for the photo nuts!

Ashby said...

YAY! I love it Corie! And I know you are going to love it too!

Criddle said...

Oh Im so jealous :) i love your camera. how exciting! now i think you should come take pics of my family! lol and staisha i know you miss her! ;)

Jen said...

Yeah welcome to the club. I cannot wait to see all the amazing pictures you are taking. I hope your class is going good!

young7 said...

Lor just got me mine. That's why my blog is mainly pic's. That and I hate to type!!! You will love it.