Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Kids say the funniest things

So I knew there would be a point where my kids would be too cool for me but I thought I still had some time! Yesterday I decided to drive Ethan to school rather than have him ride the bus. I had spent most of the morning saying, "hurry Ethan, you're going to be late to school," much to his frustration. When we got to the school I stopped him as he got out of the car and said, "hey I love you son and I hope you have a really great day." Ethan looked at me and said, "I am probably going to be late because you had to say that, can I go?" A little disappointed I said, "sure have a great day." Then he made my day by smiling huge and yelling "oh yeah, I love you too mom! Have a great day with the girls!"

This morning we astounded Emma. She was telling us about how she is the twins' big sister and I said Uncle Jesse has a big sister (me) and Emma, mouth wide in amazement, asked, "you mean Uncle Jesse was a little kid?" I laughed and said "yes Uncle Jesse was a little kid" Emma just stared up at me and said "wow!" I figured with Uncle Jesse still being so much of a kid it wouldn't be so hard for her to imagine. LOL

1 comment:

Stew and Traci said...

ok i laughed for a while at this post! I can still see "Uncle Jesse" as a kid...lol. It sounds like you are doing great! Its so fun to check in! Have a happy valentines day.