Monday, April 11, 2011

My super amazing new laundry robot!

Well maybe it is just a washing machine, but it seems like an amazing robot! We have always been plagued by laundry around here. I am talking like a giant pile in the laundry room that tries to eat me when I open the door.

Around a year+ ago my "expensive, top of the line, never need another one" GE frontloader just flat quit working. Lame. But to my rescue came my wonderful friend Teresa. Teresa had had a similar problem that week in her house, her dryer had given up the ghost. She sent me a message that they had decided to buy a new set and that if I would come and get it, I could have her fully functioning washer! She is amazing!





Well, we used that poor thing into the ground! (Teresa and I both tried to clean those years of stuck on laundry soap but no luck, anyone have a tip for that?) For the last few months we have only been able to fill the washer 1/3 of the way with clothes or the poor tired agitator wouldn't/ couldn't spin. So I started the search on craigslist, ebay, freecycle, etc., etc., and couldn't find anything that looked functional in my very very low price range. On a whim we decided to go see what they had at the Furniture Bowl here in town. Long story (slightly) short(er) he made us an offer we couldn't refuse! I am now the proud owner of this beautiful thing:




It is enormous! I can literally fit two completely full laundry baskets (the big full size ones) into one load! I have at least one friend (no names Chelle) who wouldn't be able to reach the clothes at the bottom of the tub it is so deep! We have finally conquered the mountain of laundry! I <3 my new washer!

5 comments:

lynnissa said...

See through lid?! Great idea. I'm so jealous...I've secretly been wanting mine to break down so I can also get a bigger one! Don't want to pay for one though so I don't help it along. :)

The Moss Family said...

I love the see through lid!!! Nothing like watching dirt and crap wash away. If Michelle can't reach the bottom neither could I!!! Lol happy washing!!!

Michelle said...

Umm that is why I marry a guy who is tall enought to reach the bottom of the machine and happens to LOVE doing laundry. Problem solved and I happen to love this idea.

Genevieve said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Genevieve said...

grr. Sorry about that.

Hi! I clicked on your link in a comment on Single Dad Laughing's blog. Love the new washer! It's purty! :)

My blog is http://troismommy.wordpress.com