Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Blockages and Blokus (I know ewwww!)


So I have been out of the blogging world for a week. Many of you know that my mom has been in the hospital and because of that so have I. Two Saturdays ago Emma and I went on a mommy/ daughter date. We got her a High School Musical shirt and jewelry and loaded up on candy and went to watch High School Musical 3 with Susie and Crystal and their girls. It was a FABULOUS time, the movie was even pretty great! Most of all Emma and I had a great time together being silly. We hit Target right before we left Flagstaff and my poor Emma leaned on me and asked, "Momma, do we have to stay up all night?" So cute that my little go getter was out for the count at 9:30! She is her Papa's girl! :) Well Susie was sweet enough to run the girls back into the store to go potty since they all decided that they needed to go about 2 seconds after we all got in the car. ( GIRLS!! LOL ) While she was in there I checked my messages and saw that my dad had called about 5 minutes earlier. My dad is never up past nine so I knew something was up so I called right back and he told me that he and my mom were at the emergency room in Winslow.

Needless to say I hurried home dropped off all the girls including my own and headed to the hospital. I sat with my mom that night and watched her in more pain than I have ever seen my poor mom in! And that is saying a lot with her kidney troubles. Well they finally decided that she had an obstruction in her small intestine and so they admitted her to watch and see how things go and to decide if she will need surgery. She had to have a tube up her nose to pump out her stomach and IV fluids and oxygen and she was just a mess of tubes and pain. They thought Monday night that she was looking like she wouldn't need surgery which was great news! Well Tuesday morning it was obvious that surgery was necessary. :( But luckily she had Dr. Greenwood in on the Surgery and my great friend Susie was in the OR with her too. It made all of the difference in the world to me to have them be with my mom for that. She took a few more days in the hospital and was able to go home Friday afternoon, not quite good as new but definitely on her way there! I have to mention how much we appreciated the Winslow Hospital. It gets a bad rap but my mom was so well cared for while we were there, they treated her so well and treated me and my dad fantatstic! It was so nice to be here where I could visit my mom every free minute (and thanks to Greg and Charn and Crystal for making sure there were lots of free minutes and to Jenn and Crystal for watching my girls for me and for all of the others who offered too!) Everyone would call my dad and ask "so how long are you going to be up there?" My dad would chuckle and say well we are here in Winslow and EVERYONE responded "Really?!?" LOL But a great big thank you to the staff at Little Colorado Medical Center, you guys were great, we are lucky to have you in our community!!

My little brother Jesse and his wife Robin and their little girl Shelby (blog shout out for you guys! :) came up on Friday and stayed until Sunday. Saturday night after the Stake Adult meeting Steve and Kim came over with us and we all played Blokus. I love that game now!! It is so addictive and so simple and I can't wait to get my hands on it to play again, come on over Kim and bring your game! :) So that is how we got from Blockages to Blokus I hope you enjoyed the trip! :) lol

4 comments:

The Moss Family said...

I love Blokus!!! Cris on the other hand could care less for it. My brother got it for us a few christmas' ago. We'll have to play it sometime.

Jackie said...

Blokus is one of my favorite games too...thanks to Kim! She brought it out camping a year or so ago and I was hooked!! We bought the other one that is a triangle for Andrew's parents and it's still fun just not quite as fun as the regular Blokus.

Corri Havlicek said...

That was a good trip, thanks for the ride. I'm sorry to hear your Mom was so miserable. How's she doing now?

Ashby said...

I'm so sorry to hear about your mom Corie! How is she doing? Keep us posted!