Wednesday, November 5, 2008

High School Tag



So LeAnn tagged me. I guess that's what I get for making her do this tag in the first place. :)

1. Did you date someone from your school? Yes I did. I had my first boyfriend ever starting in my Freshman year he was a jock and a senior and everyone liked him, except my parents. For some reason they didn't like their 15 year old daughter dating an 18 year old who had a kid. weird right? :) The end of my Freshman year I started dating Chris and that was a giant mess he was also a senior and a skater and so cute and so a bad boy, (I think that was kind of my thing lol) I dated Chris until the end of my junior/ start of my senior year when I realized that I wanted a temple marriage and that would never happen with my anti mormon boyfriend and I was just so sick of fighting with my parents ALL the time. Then I dated a few other guys, Ike, Norm, and then was right back into the boyfriend thing with Josh. Really nice guy, a year younger than me and kind of immature. Then I met Greg and he was really the first LDS guy I ever REALLY dated. I kinda always knew that I wasn't going to marry a guy from Winslow (nothing wrong with them but it'd be like marrying my brother) so all those boyfriends were just time fillers! LOL

2. What kind of car did you drive? My first car was a 1979 honda accord hatchback. It was 5 different colors of primer, the stereo hung from the dash by a wire there was a hole in the floor on the passenger side and the best part, you had to hit the fuel pump with a rock to start it. Seriously :) And I loved that car!!! Except that it was tiny and the guys loved to pick it up and turn it sideways in the parking space so I couldn't leave until the lot emptied or stick it in the grass by the picnic tables. jerks! After that my grandma gave me her 91 ford probe so sporty and fun and I didn't need a rock to start it which was super awesome! :)

3. What was your most embarrassing moment? Oh I had a lot, my Freshman year I was on my way back to school from the rootbeer stand at lunch with my 32 oz 7-up. I was walking up the stairs to go to my popular, cool senior boyfriend's locker on the senior floor with all of his popular, cool senior friends standing there and as I got to the top step I tripped and fell flat on my face and threw 7-up everywhere. Yeah, I was cool that day! :) Then Junior year I was on the drama team and we were doing our two person acting performance for the finals of the tournament and in our piece I was supposed to change out of an evening gown into pajamas and since you can't have props I had to wear the shorts and tank top under the dress and take off the dress and tada I was changed. Well the dress was a straight skirt and the shorts were a little big and as I pulled down the dress I also took off the shorts!!! I didn't realize it and was merely wondering why I couldn't take a step and why the kids from the phoenix day school for the deaf were grunting and laughing at me, until I looked down and realized what I had done :-0 But I pulled them right up and didn't miss a beat and we got first place that tournament! :)

4.Were you a party animal? No, but I was friends with the party animals lol

5. Were you considered a flirt? I would like to say no but that would be lying.

6. Were you in band, orchestra, or choir? I was in Orchestra until High School and in High School I was in choir and show choir.

7. Were you a nerd? What do you mean, i am still a nerd

8. Were you on any varsity teams? Track four years and Cheer one year

9. Did you get suspended or expelled? No but I remember a LOT of detentions

. 10. Can you still sing the fight song? Yeah baby! We are the Bulldogs we are the best! We are the Bulldogs, pride of the west! Working striving for our fame, come on you Bulldogs win this game! We never boast and we never brag. We're out to win and never to lag! while our royal varsity goes onward to victory!! I told you I am still a nerd :)

11. Who were your favorite teachers? I loved Mr. Howell, I will always have fond memories of Aaron Hopper asking him if he believes there was a second shooter on the grassy knoll. What a way to get out of any work for about three weeks:) Mr. Watson was great too.

12. Where did you sit during lunch? Usually I was at work at the rootbeer stand so no sitting for me! :)

13. What was your school mascot? Bulldogs!! yeah way less gay than a trojan guys! LOL

14. Did you go to Homecoming? yep I did! My Sophomore year the homecoming game/ dance was also my sweet sixteen. They called me out to the 50 yard line and the whole stands sang happy birthday to me and my mom had balloons and flowers delivered to me there. All day I had thought everyone had forgotten my b-day! yay!

15. If you could go back would you? Sure, don't get me wrong I don't sit here dreaming about how life was so great in high school but if I had to it wouldn't be terrible, I had a lot of fun. plus I have seen how it ends so far and I like where my life led me.

16. What do you remember most about graduation? The marbles, and Ryan's laser pointer making amber so mad! LOL

17. Where did you go for your Senior Trip? My brother's graduation from the Air Force Academy, hot guys in military uniforms, way better than stupid sun splash! LOL

18. Were you in any clubs? yeah a lot actually Honor Society, OutDoor Ski Club, W club, etc. etc. We have already established I'm a nerd didn't we? :)

19. Have you gained weight since High School? stupid stupid question

20. Who was your Prom date? Sophomore year Jeremy Wilson, Junior Isaac Larsen, Senior Josh Steward

21. Did you go to your 10 year class reunion? No we didn't have one. I would have though :)

22. Looking back, what advice would you give yourself? Don't always have a boyfriend. Mr. Howell is Not really preparing you for what college professors want, tell mom the truth and you get to do a lot more stuff, and lots of girls aren't cheerleaders their senior year so don't be sad but you do get to be the football photographer so while the cheerleaders are cheering on the track you are on the sidelines with the cute boys so who's the real winner anyway? LOL

So I guess I get to tag people. I tag Crystal, Sheri, Traci, Brooke and Ashby and Ash tag Ryan for me ok? I am sure he won't remember but let him try and if he needs help I will be here! LOL

4 comments:

Stephanie said...

Fun to read..and the pictures add a nice touch!

Corri Havlicek said...

Wrong Corri, silly girl. LOL! Yes, Bulldogs are way better than Trojans, especially when half your high school was pregnant!

Ashby said...

LOL! I hated highschool, so all my memories have been surpressed, but maybe I can come up with a few odd memories for this one.

And I'll for sure tag Ryan. I can't make any promises that he'll respond, but it's worth a try!

The Giles Files said...

ahhh...the rock, the boys, and Mr. Howell. Good times! I was so bummed that we didn't have a 10 year reunion. (Well actually I was thinking - Great, that should give me a few years to lose all this baby "fluff"! So I wouldn't be the one that everyone points to and says, "Gee, she sure has "changed". Shallow, I know).

Maybe all of us that hung out should just get together sometime and have an un-10-year-reunion. It would be nice to see everyone...yet again, that's a whole lot of work.