Thursday, December 18, 2008

Does anyone else do this?

I have been doing this all of my life.  As long as I have realized there was music I have been running a soundtrack in my head.  Little things set it off, they mention someone's birthday and in my head starts You say it's your birthday, na na na na na na (it's by the Beatles).  What really sets it off is reading stories.  Every time I have ever read a story it has played in my mind as a movie and what is a movie without a soundtrack?  Every time I am listening to the radio or sampling songs on itunes I am thinking "oh this song would be perfect for that part of the story" or "this is perfect for that time in college when I..." I realized that I am not the only one who does this as I read Stephanie Meyer's website about the Twilight Series and saw that she had posted for each book a playlist of songs that she heard in her head as she wrote the story.  So the question is I guess, does anyone else do this?  Come on I told you I'm crazy and hear music that isn't there, you can comment anonymously, I don't judge. LOL

4 comments:

{kim} said...

I don't do that, but I don't think you're weird cause you do. It just means that you have a strong right-brain!

Barker said...

That sounds like a talent for sure.

I just get stupid songs in my head...not the songs i like, just stupid ones i don't like.

Michelle said...

I think you already know my answer. ;-D

Corri Havlicek said...

I do something like that whenever I hear a phrase that matches a song phrase. Like the other day someone said "We need to "hit the road"", and my head instantly sang "Hit the road Jack and don't you come back no more, no more, no more, no more...hit the road jack...". My Dad does it ALL THE TIME. Phrases and names have him singing constantly.