Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Me Run?



So as most of you know I have never been a runner. In fact I think my exact words were, "running is a survival instinct when something big and scary is chasing you." Well I may have changed my mind. When I watched my friends LeAnn and Susie run the half marathon last January I was really impressed with their accomplishment. And now they and my two other friends Jenn and Crystal are all training for the San Diego Marathon and I am feeling envious. So I have decided to break from my past beliefs and learn to run. I have heard that if you make a goal public you are much more likely to reach it so here it is, I want to run the half marathon in Phoenix next January. I have a good 8 months to prepare and I think I can do it. I am really excited about this and I hope I can make it. So there you go, I said it out loud so wish me luck!!

7 comments:

The Giles Files said...

That's awesome! I LOVE the running survival quote. That's great:) Keep posting on your progress. Who knows, myabe it'll inspire me. I so need motivation right now.

Anonymous said...

I am so excited for you! I wish you lived here and I would train with you! You go girl!

Paul-N-Daneen said...

The first month of training yourself will be the hardest but if you get through it you'll have no problem. At least thats what I would tell myself if I wanted to run. Good Luck.

The Moss Family said...

Yea!!! You can do it Corri. Are you going to come to San Diego with us? I hope you do!

Jen said...

That is awesome! Good luck! I want to run one someday! Maybe I will have to follow your example. Yeah I was sad we missed you this weekend but we did have fun in Cali! I will post pics soon!

Anonymous said...

Hey Corie! I happen to be watching TV one afternoon--a rare thing, but it was during eating my dinner and before my nap--and happen to catch a NOVA experiment where they got 12 people who were completely sedentary in their jobs and trained them for the Boston Marathon. They all did it except one and she had fractures in her leg.

Anyway, good luck! I love reading your blog. You're as awesome as ever! ~Lynsie

Corri Havlicek said...

Well, I'm impressed, and jealous. When do you run and with who?