Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Bad Mom!!

So I was blog surfing/stalking today and I read a great story on Corri's blog and thought I needed to share one of my own. I have had so many since this but this is probably my first bad mom moment and the point at which I fully realized how not prepared I was for this whole mom thing. We had come to Arizona to visit when Ethan was about 2 months old. Ethan was a tiny little thing, (at two months old we were so excited that he was back up to 6 lbs.) and so it was a common practice for me to change his diapers with him lying on my lap. We were driving down to see Greg's parents in Thatcher and we had stopped in Globe to feed and change Ethan. He was so cute and tiny lying on my lap as I changed his poopy diaper. Just as I started wiping him up and cleaning him he did what most little boys do and started to pee, right in his own eye! I panicked because my baby was getting pee on his face and my first instinct was to wipe it off, with the poopy wipey I had just been wiping his butt with!!! So now here is the scene, me crying/laughing with pee in my lap, Ethan crying, poopy on both ends now and wet all over, and Greg merrily getting food inside Jack-in-the-box! So I just thought I would share the beginning of my Bad Mom moments! I hope you enjoyed it!!

5 comments:

Corri Havlicek said...

Thoroughly enjoyed it! What better a way to get life started than with poop in your eye?!?

The Moss Family said...

Lol! That is to funny.

Stew and Traci said...

Thanks for the laugh. It is perfect and absolutely encompasses my whole mothering career thus far. haha

Anonymous said...

Thanks for reminding me of that story so I could laugh hard AGAIN. Agh, the moments we mothers go through for our babies!

Jen said...

That is a pretty funny story!