Tuesday, January 5, 2010

5 Successes!

So my amazing friend Lynsie has inspired me to be better since the day I met her. She is one of those people who always seems to have the right attitude even though she has gone through things that are harder than I can really imagine. She was the one person who could ALWAYS settle down my son Ethan when he was fussy as a baby. She is always giving service, smiling loving, teaching, inspiring, beautiful, etc. etc. you know, one of those women you want to hate but just can't :). Well she has inspired me again. On her blog she did a post about her 5 successes for the day and I thought that was a great way to help me be more positive. I am not sure that I am quite successful enough to post 5 everyday so I have decided that on Tuesdays I will post my 5 successes for the last week. Here goes:

  1. Had all of the kids' rooms clean at the same time, for like 5 minutes but hey, we are looking at the positives here. :)
  2. Put away the clean laundry. All 52,478 loads of it!
  3. Had fun playing Hungry Hungry Hippos with the twinners! And didn't even get upset when they kept knocking the marbles all over the floor.
  4. Got both kids dressed, fed, medicated, and on the bus on time WITHOUT yelling at them!
  5. I found time for a shower everyday for the last 5 days!
So there you go. I love looking at the little successes, it helps me feel like I'm doing pretty well at this whole life thing. :)

Be of good cheer. The future is as bright as your faith. - President Thomas S. Monson

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Corie, Thank you for your comments! Your post made me cry.

I'm glad you're taking the challenge. It was hard to think of 5 things the first time! I hope it gets easier. I'm sure that's the idea.