Friday, July 25, 2008

Girl's Camp!

I was counting it up and this summer I go to go to Girl's Camp for my 10th or 11th time! I love it every time. It is so nice spending a week focusing on my testimony and my relationship with the Lord. I got to be our ward leader for the fourth year (15 year-olds) girls.

They get to go on a seperate overnight hike where they get some great lessons and they get to go rapelling.

It is a great time! One of the nights we were there we did a night hike. The girls went out in small groups on a hike in the dark where they came to several stations and heard little five minute talks. I got asked to give the talk on friends. I really loved getting to give that talk, I have been blessed in my life with good friends. From the time I started kindergarten my dad gave me a blessing every year before school and he always blessed me that I would have good friends and I always have. My friends have been good examples to me, they have helped me make better choices and they have held me to the standards that I want to uphold. They have been with me when things were hard and when things were wonderful. I am lucky today to still have such friends. That being said it is terrifying to be given an assignment at 2:00 pm to speak at 8:00! :)

On Sunday we got to have a full block of meetings out in the woods. Our Stake Presidency spoke to us and they gave some amazing talks. I know that I was one of the leaders and the talks were for the girls but I learned so much and felt my testimony grow.

All in all it was a fantastic week. I always appreciate my chance to go to Girl's Camp and look forward to lots more fun! :)

No comments: