Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Kids say the darndest things

This one is just for fun (scroll down, I have kinda been on a blogfest!  The Christmas Break post has some great pics!)

The other day we were going for a ride and we passed the 9/11 memorial here in town and Ethan and Emma had the following conversation:

Ethan:  Emma when I was 2 months and 2 days old some bad men crashed airplanes into the twin towers and made them completely crash.  A lot of people died in the crash.  And they did it on purpose.

Emma (completely appalled): They should be ashamed of theirselves!

Ethan (a little sad and incredulous): I don't think they are.

I am amazed at how well they grasp what happened that day even though they are so young.  I know adults who are still struggling to understand it.

Shauna should love this:

At church on Sunday, Emma was called to win the FHE lesson to take home and when she heard her name she jumped up and did "spirit fingers"!  LOL  I thought of Shauna at softball cheering "go tigers!"  I am just glad she didn't try and do a kick, she doesn't wear bloomers over her undies at church! :)

2 comments:

Barker said...

lol! I got tears in my eyes reading about Ethans conversation, then Emma, that cracks me up! Sigh, we had fun. Me and J.D. should move to Winslow.

larissa said...

I love your background and I love your Quindlen quote!!

according to your post, you hear some good stuff on a daily basis! love it